How much does it cost to trim hedges?Get a free quote now
Post to find a price. It's free and only takes a minute.
£100 - £250
Last Updated on
A hedge can make a difference when you want to add some privacy, protection, or appeal to your garden. However, keeping your hedges at bay can be labour-intensive, especially if you're short of time. During hedge trimming season in the UK, a specialist can be a big help.
Hedge trimming costs can be confusing when booking services for the first time. Typically, you can expect to pay between £100 and £250 per job for a smaller hedge. Skip the complex cost calculators and make your garden-ready for summer or tame an overgrown hedge with ease!
Read on to learn more about how much it costs to have hedges trimmed.
Price list for hedge trimming
Removal of high hedges
Removal of small hedges (2-4m)
Removal of medium to large hedges
Conifer hedge trimming
Hiring an excavator
Factors affecting hedge trimming service costs
Several factors affect the average cost of trimming hedges:
Hedge size and condition
The bigger the size of the hedge, the longer it will take for tradespersons to finish the trimming. If the hedge has grown tall and out of control, your need ropes and climbing equipment to access it. This will increase hedge trimming costs per foot due to the added complexity.
Preparation and cleanup
When trimming hedges, different services might be necessary before or after the task. Before doing the hedge trimming task, the place should be safe and accessible to tradespersons. Hence, a pre-garden cleanup is needed. After that, dispose of waste to keep the area tidy and clean. You can do this on your own to save up on costs.
If you live in bigger cities like London, you need a bigger budget because of the higher operating costs. On the other hand, costs tend to be lower in places such as the Northern England, Scotland, and Northern Ireland.
Costs might also increase if you live in harder-to-reach areas or your hedge obstructs powerlines. The added cost will cover additional safety procedures and time on the road.
The benefits of hedge trimming
Trimming your hedges has many benefits:
- Trimmed hedges can give much-needed privacy and protection to your family.
- Trimmed hedges provide an excellent border for neighbours and can help prevent space-related disputes.
- Trimmed hedges are a home for birds and wildlife.
- Trimmed hedges provide a safe space, far from noise and dust.
- Trimmed hedges foster healthy plant growth.
- Trimmed hedges provide a beautiful view of your home, especially during summer.
- Trimmed hedges are a flexible statement piece that can add character to your home.
See also: How much does hedge removal cost?
Posting a task for hedge trimming
- Write what you need, and put as many details as possible – pre, during, and post-task. If you need help cleaning up and disposing of waste, include them.
- Suggest a budget for all the materials, labour, and time.
- Afterwards, post the task and shortly connect with different professionals.
- Browse profiles, read past reviews, and take your time in deciding whom to pick. It helps to ask for references, licenses, and certifications.
Once you've selected the right person, they’ll start working on keeping your hedges and the rest of your garden safe, beautiful, and summer-ready!
Find hedge trimming experts, fastPost a task
Different plant species need trimming at different times during the year. The rule of thumb is to do it during summer.
Trimming and pruning are often interchangeable. While both processes refer to plant growth control, they have different methods and purposes. Trimming involves removing overgrown hedges to promote healthy growth. On the other hand, pruning involves removing branches, roots, and other plant parts that are either dead or growing in the wrong direction.
Related price guides
Let's do this!
It's free and takes only a minute.