Airtasker UK Limited, Company Number 10905556 ("Airtasker" or "We") manages the information that We collect from you in accordance with all applicable privacy legislation.
1. Collection of Your Personal Data
Airtasker collects personal data when you pre-register with Airtasker. This includes your full name, email address and location.
Information we collect directly from you
Airtasker collects personal data when you register with Airtasker. This includes:
- your name, address, email address, phone number and other contact details;
- your birth date and gender;
- your credit card and account details;
- your location and the location where you are interested in performing tasks; and
- your occupation, work experience, resume, qualifications, education, post tasks, earn money preferences, skillset, interests and other information relevant for your fitness for tasks.
We also give you the option of providing a photo or video to be associated with your Airtasker user ID. If your personal details change, it is your responsibility to update your Airtasker account with those changes, so that We can keep our records complete, accurate and up to date.
To enable us to improve our existing services and to create new service features, Airtasker collects information about the way you use our services, including the transactions you enter into on the Services, your feedback rating (including any references requested using our 'Reference' feature), the bids you make, the comments you post, and the transactions you enter into with our valued affiliate service providers.
Information we collect automatically when you use our Services
Airtasker may also receive and record the following information from your internet browser and computer, including through cookies and similar technologies, when you use our Services:
- Computer and connection information such as statistics on page views, traffic to and from our Services, referral URL, IP address, unique device ID, browsing history and web log information;
- Information about your use of our Services, including the date and time you visit our Services, the areas or pages that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Services, the number of times you return to the Services, other clickstream or website usage information, and emails that you open, forward or click-through to our Services.
If you use a location-enabled Airtasker service, we may collect and process information about your actual location (for example, GPS signals sent by your mobile device). We may also use a range of different technologies to confirm your location.
Information we obtain from other sources
In addition to data collected from your submissions, we also receive data from certain third-parties, such as social media sites that you connect to your account (including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and any other site you which you enable from time to time) as well as from identity verification service providers and other Airtasker group companies.
What other Services users can see about you
You are not anonymous to us when you log into the Services or post any content (including tasks, items to be supplied, bids, comments or feedback) on the Services or any associated forum.
- use the Services to post a task or item to be supplied, or make a bid, or comment on a bid, or provide feedback on other users; or
- otherwise communicate in a public forum on the Services,
your user ID and all the material that you post is visible to other Airtasker users and is also publicly available to other internet users. We strongly encourage you to use caution and discretion when posting.
2. How We Use Your Personal Data
Airtasker may use the information We collect for the following purposes:
||Legal ground(s) for use
|Identification and authentication;
||We need to perform this function in order to allow you to access the services.
|To protect Airtasker and the users of the Services;
||It is in our (and users) legitimate interests to ensure that our Services is secure.
|To customise the content and any advertising displayed on the Services and permit content on the Services (such as postings or third party advertisements) to be targeted, on an aggregate basis, to the users for whom it is most likely to be relevant;
||It is in our legitimate interest to provide you with content and advertisements that are tailored to your interests.
|To improve our services and develop new service features;
||We need some of your personal data in order to provide the services to you; it is in our legitimate interests to provide you the best possible services.
|To provide, maintain and protect our Services and to verify the identity of authorised users of the Services.
||We need to perform this function in order to provide a safe and secure environment for our users and We have legitimate interests in protecting the integrity of the Services We offer.
|Providing your information to a user with whom you have or had a contract facilitated by Airtasker;
||We need to use your personal data in this way to provide the services you request.
|As required by law, order of a court, tribunal or regulator or if Airtasker reasonably believes that the use or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary for enforcement related activities;
||On such occasions, We are required by law to process your personal data.
|To ensure that Airtasker receives payment of the fees due to it;
||We need to use your personal data in this way to fulfil a contract between you and us.
|To contact you to inform you about promotions or upcoming changes or improvements to our services;
||We only contact you for marketing purposes with your consent; we may contact you regarding changes in our services because it is in our legitimate interests to keep you informed about service changes that may affect you.
|To conduct research;
||It is in our legitimate interests to improve the platform through user questionnaires and feedback requests via the platform.
|To expand our user base;
||It is in our legitimate interest to inform potential users about the Services We offer.
|To develop our relationships with affiliate service providers and provide or arrange internal or external verification services obtained by you via the Services;
||It is in our legitimate interests to engage service providers and verification services.
|To generate data reports on an aggregated, non-personally identifiable basis, for both internal and third party use, but subject to any applicable laws (for example, We may show advertisers or investors trends relating to the general use of Airtasker's services); and
||It is in our legitimate interests (and the interests of our partners and affiliates) to understand how you and other users engage with our services.
|Your contact information may also be used for accounting, invoicing and billing purposes, marketing purposes, by third party service providers to Airtasker, and to respond to any enquiry you make;
||It is in our legitimate interests to engage service providers to assist us in delivering the services you request.
|When you contact Airtasker, We may keep a record of the communication(s) between you and Airtasker to help resolve any issues you might have.
||We retain information when we are required to do so by law and because it is in our legitimate interests to protect our legal rights.
|If other user(s) of the Services already have your userID (or other information identifying you), and you have chosen to upload a photo or other personal information to your Airtasker account, We may show those user(s) that personal information; and
||We display your photo to other users who have your userID only with your consent, which you supply by uploading your photo.
Our Services allow you to review your experience dealing with others on the Services, who may in turn leave reviews about you. We compile these reviews to provide an aggregate rating for each user, which will publicly appear along with your profile. Please be aware that others users may rely on this rating when deciding whether to engage with you.
3. Cookies and Similar Technologies
We use the following types of cookies and similar technologies:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
If you change the settings on your internet browser to block or restrict cookies (including cookies associated with Airtasker's services), or to indicate when a cookie is being set by Airtasker, the Airtasker Services may not work as intended. You should remember that, while you may still be able to use the Services if your cookies are disabled, our services may not function properly on your device and you may not be able to take advantage of certain Airtasker features.
Performance Analytics Cookies
We may use first-party or third-party cookies and similar technologies to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that has been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement.
Browser and System Controls
You may set your browser or operating system to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but you may not be able to use certain features on the Services which require such cookies. Each browser and operating system is a little different, so please check your browser or operating system’s settings or help section to learn more about how to delete or disable cookies and tracking.
If you wish to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, Google has developed the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on available here, and you can manage your Google accounts here.
4. How We Share Your Personal Data
Airtasker may disclose the information We collect from you as follows:
- Airtasker Affiliates. We may share your personal data with our affiliated companies.
- Service Providers. We share your personal data with third party service providers that provide business, verification, professional or technical support functions for us, help us operate our business and the services, or administer activities on our behalf.
- Other Third Parties. We may share your personal data with other third parties who participate in Airtasker marketing initiatives, as authorised by you, and with consultants, advisors and analytics providers as necessary to measure and improve the services we provide to you.
- Legal Matters & Safety. We may share your personal data to respond to judicial process or provide information to law enforcement or regulatory agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted or required by law. We may also share your personal data if we believe there has been a violation of our terms, our rights, or the rights of any third party.
- Sale or Transfer of Business or Assets. In the event that we, or any of our businesses, are sold or disposed of, whether by merger, sale of assets or otherwise, or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, your personal data may be one of the assets sold or merged in connection with the transaction.
- With Your Permission. We may share your personal data with any other third party with your consent or as necessary to deliver a service you requested.
5. Third Parties
6. International Transfers
When you use the Services, some of your personal data may be transferred to other Airtasker group companies (such as our headquarters in Australia) outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) in countries that do not have equivalent data protection laws to the EEA. We may also engage service providers for the purposes detailed above that are located outside the EEA. We take steps to ensure your personal data is safe and secure when transferring it outside of your country of residence. For more information, please contact us as provided below.
When you register on the Services you may be given the opportunity to elect ("opt-in") to receive updates on our latest services, news and special offers, and those of our valued affiliate service providers ("Marketing Material"), via your Airtasker account, personal e-mail address, post or telephone. If you conclude a transaction on the Services, you may also be given the opportunity to opt- in to receive Marketing Material from Airtasker and our valued affiliate service providers.
Once you opt-in to receive Marketing Material, You may, at any time, opt-out of receiving Marketing Material. To opt-out go to the 'Manage Account' link on the Services, choose 'Settings', then 'Alerts' and update your preferences. You can also click on the "unsubscribe" link in any email containing Marketing Material that We send you, or you can request an opt-out by emailing Airtasker using the contact information provided on the Services. If you no longer consent to receiving Marketing Material then you must opt-out in one of these ways.
8. Administrative Communications
Airtasker reserves the right to send you administrative and account-related messages even if you opt out of receiving marketing communications. If you close down your Airtasker account, We will cease all communications to you.
9. Your Rights and Choices
We will allow you, at any time, to access, edit, update and/ or delete the personal data that We hold about you or to receive a copy of it in a portable format by contacting us here. Where we process your personal data with your consent, you may withdraw it at any time. You also have a right to (i) object to processing based on legitimate interests or (ii) ask from which source the data originate and, if applicable, whether it came from publicly accessible sources. These rights may be limited in some circumstances, for example, if:
- We are legally permitted or required to deny you access to, and/ or to retain, the information because we are subject to a legal requirement or have a compelling legitimate interest; or
- You make a request that is unreasonably repetitive, requires Airtasker to make a disproportionate effort, risks the privacy of others, or there are other valid reasons why We cannot comply.
We need to prevent information in our systems from being accidentally or maliciously destroyed. This means that, where you delete information from our services, residual copies of that information on our active servers, as well as any corresponding information on our back-up systems, may not be immediately deleted.
If you have concerns about how We handle your personal information or require further information, please email Airtasker using the contact form provided on the Services. If you have unresolved complaints, you have the right to complain to a data protection authority.
10. Contact us
If you have any questions about this Policy or about the manner in which we process your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com