Find an experienced local painter in Lothian Edinburgh
Fill a short form and get free quotes for local painting services in Lothian Edinburgh
Get help from a local painter
- House painting services
- bicycle painting service in Lothian Edinburgh
- Paint stripping
- Commercial painting services
- Roof painting services
- … or anything else
What is Airtasker?
Post your task
Tell us what you need, it's FREE to post.
Get offers from trusted Taskers and view profiles.
Get it done
Choose the right person for your task and get it done.
What does a painting service include?
Usually, painting services will include the full process from setup and preparation to painting and final clean up. Some common painting services include:
House painting services involve a range of tasks to transform both the interiors and exteriors of your home. Expert house painters can walk you through the entire painting process–from colour consultation and surface preparation to paint application.
- Interior painting - Painting your interior walls will give your space a fresh new look, help reduce cooking smells, control mould, and remove fingerprints and marks. A professional painter with a Certificate IV license will choose paints to suit the style and function of your kitchen, bedroom, ceiling, or bathroom. Preparation starts with removing or covering furniture and putting down drop sheets, along with washing any wall surfaces. Your painter will repair any surface holes then sand rough areas and prime if needed. To paint walls and ceilings, your painter will start by cutting in with a small brush, before covering the remaining surfaces with a roller brush. They may apply 2-3 coats to create a smooth, even surface. Finally, your painter will clean up by washing out the brushes and rollers, folding up drop any cloths, and removing the tape from windows and outlets.
- Exterior painting - It’s important to maintain paintwork for your home’s exterior, not only for your home’s value and first impressions but because it’s constantly exposed to the elements. You’ll need to repaint weatherboards every few years, plus fences, gutters, window-sills, and doorways every 5-10 years to maintain a fresh look. When you hire an exterior painter, they’ll usually sand back and prep the area, taking off any cracked or peeling paint, and then prime and paint the surfaces. They’ll choose a paint designed for your climate and structure to ensure it lasts. Once they’re finished, your painter will inspect for any missed spots and check the edges are all neat.
Graffiti and murals
Your business, nursery, or feature wall will stand out from the crowd with a graffiti mural, or larger-than-life artwork. If you have a design ready to go, your painter can enlarge this onto your walls, or design a custom piece for your home or office with the help of a painting software.
Your painter will prepare the surface by cleaning it carefully, putting down drop sheets, and painting a base colour if needed. Then they’ll get to work on your artwork, using a ladder to reach each part of the painting. They’ll likely reference an existing drawing or photo throughout the process to ensure they have every detail right. Once they’re finished, they’ll pack up their equipment, wash out any brushes used, and remove the drop sheet. Some artwork may be finished in just a few hours, while larger, highly detailed pieces may take weeks.
Many painters are experienced in paint removal, too. Since paint stripping is generally a messy and time-consuming job, it’s a good idea to outsource it to a professional. Some common reasons for paint stripping include new colour for your interior doors, removing wood stain from kitchen cabinets so you can update the colour, or stripping cracked paint from a surface so it’s ready for repainting.
Your professional painter can also help with graffiti removal and repainting, as well. Depending on the surface, they’ll use a mixture of scraping tools, sandpaper, and chemicals to remove as much paint as is needed, ensuring proper safety and ventilation throughout.
Recent Painting tasks in Lothian Edinburgh
Painting a ceiling
Churchhill, City of Edinburgh
18th Aug 2023
Paint over a dark ceiling to a lighter grey - Due date: Flexible
Saughtonhall, City of Edinburgh
27th Jul 2023
Upgrading the kitchen , including painting etc - Due date: Flexible
Please help paint my wall that was ruined by fall from shelf
Stoneyhill Steading, East Lothian
19th Jul 2023
My pills fell from their shelf and made a mess of the wall, please help urgently. I have the paint that was used. - Due date: Needs to be done on Wednesday, 19 July 2023
Some sanding and painting. tile my entry. some joinery
Canongate, City of Edinburgh
23rd Jun 2023
Some of my woodwork needs sanding and painting. Couple of skirting boards, door jam, old patches etc. I'd like to pull up the linoleum in my entry and install tiles. I already have tiles left over from another project. Various carpentry jobs if you have extra time - Due date: Flexible
Strip wall paper 2.3x2.3 wall
Juniper Green, City of Edinburgh
12th Jun 2023
Just need someone to strip a small section of wallpaper. I have all the equipment but open to someone bringing their own. Suspect it will take 1-2 hours. - Due date: Needs to be done on Monday, 12 June 2023
Remove wall paper four bedrooms flat 160 sqm
Canonmills, City of Edinburgh
23rd May 2023
Remove wall paper as part of general renovation project to prepare roos for painting and decorating - Due date: Before Tuesday, 20 June 2023
Need decking cleaned and sealed
Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, EH1
4th Apr 2023
I have decking on 3 sides of my flat which needs to be treated to last another 3/4 years. So looking at cleaning, fixing a couple of decks and sealing and protecting the decking. - Due date: Flexible
Dent on my bonnet
Southhouse, City of Edinburgh
24th Jan 2023
i need the dent taken out and the paint touched up - Due date: Flexible
Meadowbank, City of Edinburgh
24th Nov 2022
Indoor painting for 3 rooms - Due date: Flexible
Mould cleaned from bathroom & round most windows in the house
Pilrig, City of Edinburgh
30th Oct 2022
I have physical challenges, & am not able to climb up to clean higher walls, doors & windows. The mould seems to be spreading & I need to stop it before it gets worse. We had a flood from our upstairs neighbour & our bathroom ceiling is so bad, it’s being replaced at the end of November. So really hoping to have most of the mould sorted before the council comes to do the ceiling - Due date: Before Friday, 25 November 2022
Paint from door
Liberton, City of Edinburgh
13th Oct 2022
I’m needing an experienced painter to rub down and paint the front door please. I also have joinery and plumbing jobs too if you have the experience. - Due date: Flexible
Strip paint from woodwork (doors, skirting, windows etc) in hallway.
Moredun, City of Edinburgh
9th Oct 2022
I’d like the paint stripped from the doors, windows, skirtings etc of my upper and lower hallway. I’ve got a heat gun and scraper that makes the job easier. - Due date: Before Friday, 14 October 2022
Exterior fence needs painted
Northfield, City of Edinburgh
14th Jul 2022
Need a fence painted outside my house asap I have the paint for job - Due date: Needs to be done on Thursday, 14 July 2022
Baberton, City of Edinburgh
11th Jul 2022
I need the eaves front and back sanded and painted and my back fence painted. - Due date: Flexible
West Pilton, City of Edinburgh
9th Jul 2022
2 bedrooms council flat needs painted - Due date: Flexible
Clean and paint decking
Cammo, City of Edinburgh
21st Jun 2022
Clean and paint 3 layers of decking - Due date: Before Friday, 24 June 2022
Sanding walls and painting
Dalry, City of Edinburgh
20th Jun 2022
Sanding down walls, filling in holes and painting 1 living and 2 bedrooms - Due date: Flexible
Painting and touch up work, door knobs fixed etc
Canonmills, City of Edinburgh
15th Jun 2022
Painting touch up work Door knobs fixed Shutter missing secure hook and set too low so scraping paint work - Due date: Flexible
Paint a small bureau
Bughtlin, City of Edinburgh
14th May 2022
Hoping for inspiration from artist/decorator. - Due date: Flexible
Joinery - box in electrics and new skirting
Abbeyhill, City of Edinburgh
21st Mar 2022
1. Box in electric meter in hall. Still need to be accessible but looks ugly as is! 2. New traditional skirting for bedroom circa 9m sq. - Due date: Flexible