We're here for you
Airtasker Insurance covers the Tasker for their liability to third parties for personal injury or property damage whilst performing certain task activities
Top rated insurance
Airtasker Insurance is provided by QBE - one of the most reputable and innovative insurance brands
Important Notice: Insurance applies in Australia, the UK and New Zealand only. It does not apply in Ireland, Singapore or the US.
Airtasker Insurance including Terms & Conditions have been updated as of March 30, 2019.
Please note this is a summary of the Airtasker third party liability insurance policy ONLY. Nothing contained herein is general or personal advice. Furthermore, it is declared and agreed that nothing contained in this summary should be understood to be an express or implied condition, term or exclusion which forms part of the Insurer Policy terms and conditions or be relied upon in the event of a Claim. Please contact Airtasker for access to the Certificate of Currency and/or Insurance Policy Schedule and/or Policy Wording for information as to the specific coverage, terms, conditions and exclusions afforded by the Insurer in the event of an incident, occurrence or Claim. Please also note that each Claim is subject to an Excess payable by the Tasker - full details of the Policy, its coverage and exclusions including the applicable excess details are available on request by the Tasker.
Airtasker Insurance Coverage
What is covered?
- Airtasker Insurance is a third party liability policy covering up to $10 million AUD (to the equivalent value of $10 million AUD in your local currency) that insures Taskers registered in the Airtasker marketplace for their liability to third parties for personal injury or property damage whilst performing activities (not otherwise excluded) during a task on Airtasker. Please note that insurance applies in Australia, UK and New Zealand marketplaces.
- Airtasker Insurance does not cover all tasks or activities. Please refer to the list of excluded activities for more information.
- The liability insurance is on a claims made and notified basis which means that the policy limit, terms and conditions which are applicable to a notified claim are those of the current policy period when the claim is notified – not when the claim occurs (if outside the current policy period). These may also be different from the liability insurance terms and conditions in place when the task contract was entered into if it also was in a different policy period. Claims must be lodged within 30 calendar days of the date of the incident.
- All coverage is subject to the policy’s terms and conditions and there are exclusions that apply.
What isn’t covered?
- Some types of tasks or activities are not covered under the policy. Please refer to the list of excluded activities for details on which activities are excluded.
- Individuals not registered on Airtasker are not covered under the insurance policy. Please ensure the person that completes the task for you is registered on Airtasker and he or she is the person that your task is assigned to.
- Tasks must be completed and paid via the Airtasker platform to be eligible for the coverage subject to insurance terms and conditions. Any tasks paid via alternative means (including cash in hand) will not be covered.
- The insurance only provides cover for a Tasker’s liability for property damage or injury arising from activities (not otherwise excluded) and does not cover faulty workmanship. Job Posters should enquire with the Tasker about their workmanship standards and any insurance for it prior to accepting an offer.
- Criminal activities, malicious or intentional damage is not covered by the policy. If this occurs, please report this to the police and Airtasker Support as soon as possible.
- The policy does not cover personal injury to, or damage to property belonging to the Tasker, and should not be considered a replacement for workers compensation, salary protection or other similar types of insurance.
What is Airtasker Insurance?
Airtasker Insurance is a third party liability policy that insures Taskers registered in the Airtasker marketplace for their liability to third parties for personal injury or property damage whilst performing activities (not otherwise excluded) during a task and within policy terms and conditions.
How does Airtasker Insurance work for Job Posters?
If a Tasker is liable for injury to, or damage to property of, a Job Poster or someone else as a result of performing activities (not otherwise excluded), Airtasker Insurance can help to cover the liability of the Tasker. Please refer to the Help Centre for more information on how Airtasker Insurance works for Job Posters.
How does Airtasker Insurance work for Taskers?
Taskers are primarily responsible for the work they carry out under a Task Contract and may be liable for consequences that result from their activities when performing a task. Airtasker Insurance is intended to cover the liability of the Tasker to the Job Poster or anyone else for injury or damage to property. Please refer to the Help Centre for more information on how Airtasker Insurance works for Taskers.
Are all tasks covered under Airtasker Insurance?
Airtasker Insurance does not apply to all activities. Please refer to the excluded activities list.
Do excesses apply and who pays the excess?
All claims made under the insurance and for which the policy responds are subject to an excess that is payable by the Tasker. Taskers are encouraged to familiarise themselves with the applicable excess that applies for any actual or alleged demands for compensation against them. Please refer to the Help Centre for more information on excesses.
What happens if the Tasker gets injured whilst completing the task?
The policy does not cover personal injury to a Tasker or any subcontractors and should not be considered a replacement for workers compensation, salary protection or other similar types of insurance. The policy also does not cover any damage to property of a Tasker or a subcontractor. Taskers in Australia who wish to have personal injury and income protection insurance can contact Roobyx directly to obtain the cover or policy that would best suit their professional and personal needs. Please note that Airtasker is not involved in this arrangement.
If you have any questions about this policy or how it will affect you, or to make a claim please contact us.
(*) Content provided by Modern Risk Solutions Pty Ltd who is Corporate Authorised Representative of PSC Connect Pty Ltd (Australian Financial Services Licence AFSL 344648)