Find reliable duct cleaning services in Miami
Fill in a short form and get free quotes for professional duct cleaning services
Get help from a local duct cleaner
- Commercial duct cleaning
- Vent duct cleaning
- Home air duct cleaning
- AC duct cleaning
- Heating duct cleaning
- … or anything else
Up to 50% cheaper than franchise dealers
No job too big or too small
Secure cashless payments
Same day / next day service available
What is Airtasker?
Post your task
Tell us what you need, it's FREE to post.
Get offers from trusted Taskers and view profiles.
Get it done
Choose the right person for your task and get it done.
Move In Cleaning
Concrete Floor Cleaning
Tile & Grout Cleaning
Move Out Cleaning
Fish Tank Cleaning
Exterior Wall Cleaning
High Pressure Cleaning
Related Services near me
What does a duct cleaning service include?
Duct cleaners work to ensure that heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems in your home or commercial space are clean and operating efficiently. Regular duct cleaning services include:
Air conditioning and central heating duct cleaning
Air conditioning duct cleaning and heater duct cleaning services both involve the same steps:
- Your cleaner will start by turning off the power connected to your air conditioning or central heating system.
- They’ll unscrew the air duct covers and grilles from your walls and ceilings before using a brush to clean them thoroughly. Your cleaner may also use a cleaning agent if the grilles are especially filthy.
- They’ll use a powerful, heavy-duty vacuum with a long hose to reach into the crevices of the air duct and remove any mildew, mould, dirt, and debris. Alternatively, some duct cleaners may blow pressurized air directly into the system to remove any remaining dirt.
- Your duct cleaner will sanitize and deodorize your air conditioning or heating system before switching the power back on.
Kitchen duct cleaning
Kitchen ducts are usually connected to an extraction system or a range hood. They need regular cleaning to break down grease along with other contaminants. To clean this area:
- Your duct cleaner will first turn off the power that connects to the ventilation system.
- They’ll unscrew the extractor fan and use a heavy-duty vacuum to clean out the duct.
- They’ll clean the vent and fan using a suitable cleaning agent.
- Your cleaner will clean the outside vent by unscrewing it from the wall and washing it with the same cleaning agent.
- They will re-attach all the individual parts and switch the power back on.
Filter cleaning and changes
Filter changes are an important part of duct cleaning because the air filter captures debris, pollen, mould, and bacteria, ideally stopping most of it from travelling into the duct. Sometimes cleaning the filter will be sufficient, but most duct systems need filter changes at least once a year.
Depending on whether your air-conditioning system uses a furnace or forced air, the filter will be attached to the air conditioning unit or grille, respectively. Kitchen duct filters trap the grease and oil from cooking and should be replaced regularly, as well. This filter is usually found in the hood or ventilation grille.
To change the filter:
Your cleaner will first turn off the power and clean the area surrounding the filter. They’ll access the filter and remove it. If the filter is washable, they’ll use soap and water (hot water for kitchen duct filters) to wash out debris. If it’s not washable or the filter is due to change, they’ll replace it with a new one.