A short guide to bathroom remodels
Imagine being able to retreat to a spa every day. You can do it with the right bathroom and it doesn't have to break the bank!
Budget-friendly upgrades for your bathroom remodel
You don't have to spend a lot to make a big difference in the bathroom. Here's a list of things you can do that are budget-friendly.
- Paint. Homeowners often forget to upgrade the paint in the bathroom, it's a good idea to give your bathroom a fresh coat every couple of years. Pick colors to relax or energize. Coral is the new color of the year and makes an excellent bathroom color!
- Upgrade the accessories. New towels, bamboo bath mats, a new shower curtain can transform a bathroom.
- New hardware. Switch out doorknobs, drawer/cabinet pulls for more modern looking hardware.
- Change out the shower-head. This is a very simple and low-cost upgrade that can make a shower turn into a spa-like experience. There are lots of shower-heads to choose from - from rain shower-heads to multiple-massage-function shower-heads.
- Have the tile/grout rec-aulked - it'll give the shower/bath area a whole new look and prevent the spread of mildew and mold in the bathroom.
Mid-range bathroom remodel ideas
Looking to do a little more to upgrade for your bathroom remodel?
- Have a new sink installed. We suggest motion-sensor sinks for bathrooms.
- Change the lighting - go with these three simple guidelines:
- Add lights to either side of the mirror/vanity
- Your bathroom lighting should look like daylight
- Use dimmers to create the right lighting, that way you can have bright lighting when you are getting ready in the morning and soft lighting if you are taking a bath in the evening.
- Replace the vanity - taking out old wood vanities or countertops that have seen better days is a great way to upgrade a bathroom! Replace with granite, tile or marble countertops.
|Don't know where start? Easy! Book a professional bathroom designers near you today and get a FREE quote in minutes!|
Spa bathroom renovations
- Towel Warmer. This is the trending add-on for 2019. A towel warmer is typically a large drawer added to vanity or cabinet. This will make any bathroom feel like you've stepped into a 4-star spa.
- Tile. Tile floors and painted walls are nice, but tile that goes all the way up to the ceiling can create a dramatic ambiance of a spa.
- Shower. If you have space, there are many possibilities with showers. From in-shower heated floors, rain shower-heads, multi-directional shower heads, heated benches, you name it, and it can (probably) be done.
- Bathtub. A giant soaking tub with an area to put down a glass of wine might just be the best gift you can give the person who could just use 20 minutes to relax at the end of a hard day.
How much is a total bathroom remodel?
The materials for the average bathroom remodel will cost between $8,000 and $10,000. This includes new fixtures such as a brand new toilet, a new sink, and a new bathtub and shower. It also includes the cost of new tiling, new cabinets, and luxury countertops.
|Ready for bathroom renovation? Book a skilled bathroom renovation contractor near you today and get a free quote in minutes!|
What is the return on investment (ROI) for a bathroom remodel?
According to the National Association of the Remodeling. Bathroom remodels are a decent ROI. Homeowners can expect to see at least a 50% ROI for the cost put into the entire remodel. The most important factors to increase the value of your bathroom remodel project are: painting, changing out hardware and making sure the bathroom is functional.
How to start a conversation with a service provider about your bathroom remodel:
When reaching out to a service provider to start your bathroom remodel - be sure to include the following:
- What kind of bathroom remodel are you looking for?
- What is the size of your bathroom?
- What does your budget look like?
- What is your ideal timeline?
Start a conversation with an Airtasker service provider today and get the incredible, personal service that you deserve. We monitor every project from start to finish to make sure that everything is moving along so that you get the results you are looking for.
We look forward to hearing from you!
It's free and takes only a minute.