Find an experienced local painter near you
Fill a short form and get free quotes for local painting services near you
Get help from a local painter
- House painting services
- Painting and decorating
- Paint stripping
- Commercial painting services
- Roof painting services
- … or anything else
What is Airtasker?
Post your task
Tell us what you need, it's FREE to post.
Get offers from trusted Taskers and view profiles.
Get it done
Choose the right person for your task and get it done.
Why book painters neaby through Airtasker?
Paint plays a much more important part in our lives than many people realise. Whether it’s in your home, office or shop, the difference between a room that’s been freshly painted and one that has peeling paint on the wall can dramatically affect your mood and wellbeing.
Painters with Certificate IV qualifications can transform a space in less than a day, and without huge expenses. Whether you want the exterior of your building painted, a room given a new lease of life or you just want a bit of help with paint stripping and other prep work, there are professionals on Airtasker who can help. We even have a section for graffiti artists and mural painters in case you want something a bit different!
Our system lets you find painters to fill your needs, no matter how big the job. Once you’ve posted your task, we’ll share it with the best painters in your area who can apply for the work. You can then review their profiles, check ratings on their previous jobs and get in touch with them to see if they’re a good fit.
Get the best local painters in your area
If you’ve never hired a painter before, it can be hard to know where to start. Airtasker’s star rating system makes it easy to see who to hire and who to avoid.
Set your painting budget
Rather than chasing painters for quotes, our platform allows you to set the price and dictate the terms of service – giving you the power in negotiations.
Airtasker’s platform makes it easy for you to receive and review offers. Once your task is live, you’ll receive notifications from painters who want to work with you.
Find insured painters
Painters hired through the Airtasker platform are insured for third party liability up to $10 million.
Top Painting related questions
Typically, painting costs range from €10 to €20 per square meter. Additional factors like the type of paint, need for primer or repairs, and project complexity can influence the overall cost.
- House painting- In general, painting an entire house from top to bottom can take anywhere between three to five days. The exact time frame will boil down to the condition of your walls, ceilings, and other surfaces, as well as weather conditions in case there's exterior painting involved.
- Bathroom painting- Thoroughly coating an average-sized bathroom should only take a few hours, longer if it's larger than a usual home bathroom. Also, keep in mind the recommended drying time of your paint since it will determine how long you'll have to wait before applying a second coat.
- Ceiling painting - It depends on how big the ceiling is, how many rooms or areas need painting, and how intricate you want your paint or design to be. On average, it takes 30 to 45 minutes to paint a ceiling with the initial coat. If a second coat is necessary, you'll need to wait for at least two hours for the first coat to dry before doing another round of paint application.
- Kitchen painting - Prepping an average-sized kitchen can take around an hour or two. But, the time can still vary, especially if your kitchen needs a lot of fixing before the painting application begins. You'll need another two hours for the actual painting, and 30 minutes to an hour for finishing and clean-up.
Typical home painting work lasts between five to ten years, depending on local climate and weather conditions and the quality of the paint used. Other signs to look out for include cracks, peels, chips, and flaking paint. If not repaired right away, these issues can lead to further trouble down the road. You’ll need to repaint walls and ceilings inside more frequently - as often as 2-4 years, especially in high-traffic areas.
For certain types of tasks, you may need to enquire what specialist licenses may be required to undertake your task as this can vary. In some cases, you may require a painter with a Certificate IV qualification. Please make sure that you confirm that a Tasker has the relevant painting service licence and insurance before accepting an offer.
You might be tempted to DIY your painting but unless you’re experienced, this can make your project take a lot longer, cost more (due to purchasing new equipment), and lead to a less professional result. Professional painters come with the tools, skills, and experience to get your painting done quickly and professionally.
Many professional painters have access to trade discounts, plus they know the best brands and equipment, so it can be worth ordering your paint supplies through them. However, if you already have paint and supplies on hand, you can let your painter know.
Not necessarily. If you need to attend any urgent tasks or more essential responsibilities, your Tasker can just proceed with painting. All you need to do is provide them access to your property and leave specific instructions if you have any. You can also drop by or stick around if you want to monitor and check the progress.
Flat finish is best to hide the flaws of a textured ceiling. It doesn't reflect light at you, which is perfect for diffusing light in your room. Compared to other types of sheens, you can easily touch up a flat paint finish. Keep in mind, however, that it can be tricky to clean due to its porous surface. It's also easy for a flat sheen to trap debris and dust. Make sure to look for high-quality variants with scrubbable surfaces that can be easier to clean.
Both paint and wallpaper can bring out the best in your kitchen, but if you want efficiency and looking to save time, painting your kitchen might be a better option. Also, since wallpapers require adhesive upon application, it can easily peel away from your high-moisture kitchen walls. With kitchen repainting, you can also save up on repairing damaged sections since there are paint varieties that are mould-resistant and can deal with humidity as well.
House painters can monitor the weather forecast before and on the day of your painting project. It's always best to avoid painting work during rainy or even dry and sunny days. However, in case it suddenly rains, or there's excessive humidity in the middle of the painting job, house painters can pause the painting work and continue as soon as weather conditions improve.
There are many ways to prepare beforehand for your house painting job. Take out any bulky appliances, wall hangings, and other fragile furniture items, so they are safely out of the way. You can vacuum or sweep away any loose fur or hair, especially if you have dogs or pets around. You can also remove any minor stains on your baseboards gently with a damp cloth.
First, check if the house painter has the relevant experience for the specific painting work you need. Have they painted homes before or are all their previous projects restricted to commercial properties? You can ask them about their past work and if they can meet your deadline if you have any. On Airtasker, you can compare ratings and read reviews so you can make sure you're hiring someone who's a brilliant fit for the job.
What does a painting service include?
Usually, painting services will include the full process from setup and preparation to painting and final clean up. Some common painting services include:
House painting services involve a range of tasks to transform both the interiors and exteriors of your home. Expert house painters can walk you through the entire painting process–from colour consultation and surface preparation to paint application.
- Interior painting - Painting your interior walls will give your space a fresh new look, help reduce cooking smells, control mould, and remove fingerprints and marks. A professional painter with a Certificate IV license will choose paints to suit the style and function of your kitchen, bedroom, ceiling, or bathroom. Preparation starts with removing or covering furniture and putting down drop sheets, along with washing any wall surfaces. Your painter will repair any surface holes then sand rough areas and prime if needed. To paint walls and ceilings, your painter will start by cutting in with a small brush, before covering the remaining surfaces with a roller brush. They may apply 2-3 coats to create a smooth, even surface. Finally, your painter will clean up by washing out the brushes and rollers, folding up drop any cloths, and removing the tape from windows and outlets.
- Exterior painting - It’s important to maintain paintwork for your home’s exterior, not only for your home’s value and first impressions but because it’s constantly exposed to the elements. You’ll need to repaint weatherboards every few years, plus fences, gutters, window-sills, and doorways every 5-10 years to maintain a fresh look. When you hire an exterior painter, they’ll usually sand back and prep the area, taking off any cracked or peeling paint, and then prime and paint the surfaces. They’ll choose a paint designed for your climate and structure to ensure it lasts. Once they’re finished, your painter will inspect for any missed spots and check the edges are all neat.
Graffiti and murals
Your business, nursery, or feature wall will stand out from the crowd with a graffiti mural, or larger-than-life artwork. If you have a design ready to go, your painter can enlarge this onto your walls, or design a custom piece for your home or office. Your painter will prepare the surface by cleaning it carefully, putting down drop sheets, and painting a base colour if needed. Then they’ll get to work on your artwork, using a ladder to reach each part of the painting. They’ll likely reference an existing drawing or photo throughout the process to ensure they have every detail right. Once they’re finished, they’ll pack up their equipment, wash out any brushes used, and remove the drop sheet. Some artwork may be finished in just a few hours, while larger, highly detailed pieces may take weeks.
Many painters are experienced in paint removal, too. Since paint stripping is generally a messy and time-consuming job, it’s a good idea to outsource it to a professional. Some common reasons for paint stripping include new colour for your interior doors, removing wood stain from kitchen cabinets so you can update the colour, or stripping cracked paint from a surface so it’s ready for repainting. Your professional painter can also help with graffiti removal and repainting, as well. Depending on the surface, they’ll use a mixture of scraping tools, sandpaper, and chemicals to remove as much paint as is needed, ensuring proper safety and ventilation throughout.
Recent Painting tasks
Large deck and pergola needs painting.
28th Nov 2023
Deck and pergola needs to be painted. - Due date: Flexible
26th Nov 2023
Face painting and balloon twisting - Due date: Needs to be done on 02 December 2023
16th Nov 2023
Chimney breast to be painted - Due date: Needs to be done on 17 November 2023
Newtown Little, Dublin
6th Nov 2023
Skimming walls - 3 bed end of terrace - Due date: Flexible
Interior and exterior exposed brick cleaned and repaired.
31st Oct 2023
I need interior and exterior exposed brick cleaned and repaired. - Due date: Flexible
Put skirting boards on hall and bathroom
2nd Oct 2023
Looking for skirting boards supplied and fitted in hall and in bathroom - Due date: Flexible
Sanding and Polising of Dining Table and 7 Chair. No change of color.
1st Oct 2023
Need to sanding and polishing the dining table and 7 chairs. The colors would remain same. May need to minor fix for chairs if required. - Due date: Flexible
Skirting boards fitted
29th Sep 2023
NEW SKIRTING BOARDS FITTED IN LIVING ROOM AND HALL AREAS - Due date: Flexible
Small paint job - redo the fireplace
28th Sep 2023
Small Paint job required - need to redo Fireplace - Due date: Before 04 October 2023
Plasterer both sides, approx 50 mt sq, wall in Kill. excl materials
23rd Sep 2023
utside wall to get sand and cement, both sides, approx 50 mt sq, outside a house in Kill. Newly built wall. I will supply all materials - Due date: Flexible
19th Sep 2023
Kitchen ceiling to be stippled - Due date: Needs to be done on 23 September 2023
Hose down, paint house - three coats - and eaves. Paint supplied.
9th Sep 2023
Pressure wash - using my pressure washer - and then paint the house - three coats - with Fleetwood Brilliant White which I will supply. Plus eaves. Open to offers. - Due date: Flexible
Fence, decking and borders painted
Ferns Lower, Wexford
25th Aug 2023
Fences front & back, side gates, borders and decking area all to be painted before the end of September. - Due date: Before 30 September 2023
Steve’s painting overall was very good and to a high standard. Worked very efficiently too. Didn’t see him take a break at all.
External wall cleaning
18th Aug 2023
I want to clean dirt and mould off my external wall plaster which has a white die in it - Due date: Flexible
Hempline plastering inside walls
24th Jul 2023
33m2 on the ground floor and 40m2 on the 1st floor - Due date: Flexible
18th Jul 2023
decking painted . Painted last year . - Due date: Flexible
A few paint chips on bonnet & two have paint peeling. scared of rust
13th Jul 2023
Black 2018 Nissan Qashqai, bonnet has few paint chips with 2 or 3 that are larger now with paint peeling. i need this repaired before rust sets in. - Due date: Flexible
Painting and carpentry
9th Jun 2023
Painting and tidy carpentry - Due date: Flexible
Help paint my house
7th Jun 2023
I NEED TO PAINT SOME PARTS OF MY HOME. - Due date: Before 10 June 2023
Fitting skirting board and paint
Priest Town, Dublin
30th May 2023
Need do fit the ground floor skrting board and paint all the rest of skrting - Due date: Needs to be done on 31 May 2023