We're here for you
Airtasker Insurance covers the Tasker for their liability to third parties for personal injury or property damage whilst performing certain task activities
Top rated insurance
Airtasker Insurance is provided by an A++ from AM Best and AA+ from Standard & Poor’s rated carrier
Important Notice: Insurance described hereunder is held by Airtasker USA Inc., and applies only to claims against this entity, and its Taskers where permitted, under the terms and conditions of coverage. Insurance coverage only applies for activities rendered within the United States of America.
Airtasker Insurance including Terms & Conditions have been updated as of March 1, 2022.
Please note this is a summary of the Airtasker USA Inc’s third-party liability insurance policy ONLY. Nothing contained in this summary should be understood to be an express or implied condition, term or exclusion which forms part of the Insurer Policy terms and conditions or be relied upon in the event of a Claim. Please contact Airtasker to access the Certificate of Insurance and/or Insurance Policy Schedule and/or Policy Wording for information as to the specific coverage, terms, conditions and exclusions afforded by the Insurer in the event of an incident, occurrence or Claim. Please also note that each Claim is subject to an Excess payable by the Tasker - full details of the Policy, its coverage and exclusions including the applicable excess details are available on request.
Airtasker Insurance Coverage
What is covered?
- Airtasker USA Inc holds a commercial general liability (“CGL”) for activities conducted via Airtasker’s marketplace.
The CGL policy is designed to respond to third party personal injury or property damage liability claims according to the following limits:
The limits of insurance, subject to all the terms of this Policy that apply, are:
- COVERAGE A: BODILY INJURY AND PROPERTY DAMAGE:
Each Occurrence Limit: $1,000,000, including:
Damage to Premises Rented to You Limit – Any One Person or Organization: $50,000
- COVERAGE B: PERSONAL AND ADVERTISING INJURY LIABILITY:
Personal and Advertising Injury Limit – Any One Person or Organization: $1,000,000
- COVERAGE C: MEDICAL PAYMENTS:
Medical Expense Limit – Any One Person: $5,000
All coverage sections are limited to the below maximum policy limits for all claims:
General Aggregate Limit (other than Products-Completed Operations): $2,000,000
Products-Completed Operations Aggregate Limit: $2,000,000
- COVERAGE A: BODILY INJURY AND PROPERTY DAMAGE:
- The policy is written in the name of Airtasker USA Inc and is designed to protect Airtasker USA Inc for CGL claims it gets pulled into arising from tasker activities.
- While the policy has been extended to provide coverage for taskers, it is important to note that coverage provided to taskers is limited as below:
- Individual taskers are covered to a maximum of $25,000 per occurrence and $50,000 in aggregate for general liability claims within the policy period.
- The total amount of coverage is limited to $1,000,000 for all tasker general liability claims within the policy period, irrespective of whether you have made a claim before or not.
- There is a $10,000 deductible applicable to each and every claim.
- We recommend that taskers obtain their own legal and insurance advice and consider placing their own insurance policies to properly protect themselves from legal liability claims.
What isn’t covered?
Please note this insurance coverage does not cover all tasks or activities. For example, the policy has a list of excluded activities which excludes coverage for:
"This insurance does not apply to ... damages arising out of the performance of the following services:
- services that require a permit, including, but not limited to, remodeling, plumbing, and electrical projects;
- services that require a license or certificate;
- services that are professional services, including, but not limited to, services performed by lawyers, actuaries, accountants, architects, engineers, health professionals, medical professionals, financial advisers, management consultants, or investment advisors;
- services related to childcare (e.g., babysitting), eldercare, or lifeguarding;
- services that are performed, in whole or in part, more than 10 feet above the ground;
- services that involve the handling of weapons, explosives, or hazardous materials;
- services that involve the transportation of and ridesharing of persons in any type of motor vehicle, aircraft, or watercraft; or
- any service that is illegal in the state or locality in which it is posted or takes place.”
- The policy has a range of endorsements and exclusions that limit coverage. Please refer to the excluded activities list to review some major exclusions. The excluded activities list is not exhaustive of all terms and conditions of coverage and the policy should be consulted in full to determine extent of coverage.
- Coverage does not apply to Off-Application services (i.e., work outside the Airtasker platform), or Cross-Suits (i.e., claims between Airtasker and taskers).
- Individuals that are not registered on Airtasker are not covered under the insurance policy. Please ensure the person that completes the task for you is registered on Airtasker and he or she is the person that your task is assigned to.
- Tasks must be completed and paid via the Airtasker platform to be eligible for the coverage subject to insurance terms and conditions. Any tasks paid via alternative means (including cash in hand) will not be covered.
- Insurance only provides cover for a Tasker’s liability for property damage or injury arising from activities that are not otherwise excluded under this policy. For example, the policy does not cover faulty workmanship. Job Posters should enquire with the Tasker about their workmanship standards and any insurance for it prior to accepting an offer.
- Criminal activities, malicious or intentional damage, assault and battery, physical altercation and abuse or molestation are not covered by the policy. If this occurs, please report this activity to the police and contact Airtasker as soon as possible.
- The policy does not cover personal injury to, or damage to property belonging to the Tasker, and is not a replacement for workers compensation, salary protection or other similar types of insurance.
What is Airtasker Insurance?
Airtasker Insurance is a third-party liability policy that insures Taskers registered in the Airtasker marketplace for their liability to third parties for personal injury or property damage whilst performing activities (that are not otherwise excluded) during a task and within policy terms and conditions.
How does Airtasker Insurance work for Job Posters?
If a Tasker is liable for injury to, or damage to property of, a Job Poster or someone else whilst performing activities (that are not otherwise excluded), Airtasker should be contacted to see if assistance can be provided in defending the liability claim and costs associated with the claim. Please refer to the Help Center for more information on how Airtasker Insurance works for Job Posters.
How does Airtasker Insurance work for Taskers?
Taskers are primarily responsible for the work they carry out under a Task Contract and may be liable for consequences that result from their activities when performing a task. Airtasker Insurance is intended to cover the liability of the Tasker to the Job Poster or anyone else for injury or damage to property. Please refer to the Help Center for more information on how Airtasker Insurance works for Taskers.
Are all tasks covered under Airtasker Insurance?
Airtasker Insurance provides cover to all tasks completed subject to the excluded activities list and all other policy terms and conditions.
Do excesses apply and who pays the excess?
All claims made under the insurance and for which the policy responds are subject to a $10,000 excess that is payable by the Tasker. This means that while Airtasker’s insurers will work to defend and settle general liability legal disputes within the terms and conditions of the policy, you will be responsible for the first $10,000 of any claim. Taskers are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the applicable excess that applies for any actual or alleged demands for compensation against them. Please refer to the Help Center for more information on excesses.
What happens if the Tasker gets injured whilst completing the task?
The policy does not cover personal injury to Taskers or any subcontractors and should not be considered a replacement for workers compensation, salary protection or other similar types of insurance. The policy also does not cover any damage to property of a Tasker or a subcontractor. All taskers should seek their own legal and insurance advice to properly protect themselves for injury and loss while engaging work from Airtasker’s marketplace.
How do I make a claim?
Report claims to Hartford’s Loss Connect Service, by either calling (800) 327-3636 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. When reporting the claim, please provide the following information:
- Policy Number: 57 YR3 OH8202
- Policyholder/company’s name: Airtasker USA, Inc.
- Include your name and contact information (email, phone, address)
- Please detail which Airtasker task the claim relates to
- Detailed description of the event/claim
If you have any questions about this policy or how it will affect you, please contact us.
(*) Content provided by Modern Risk Solutions Pty Ltd who is Corporate Authorised Representative of Honan Insurance Group (Honan) Pty Ltd (Australian Financial Services Licence AFSL 246749)