Please note this is a summary of the Airtasker's Public Liability Insurance policy ONLY. Nothing contained herein is general or personal advice. Furthermore, it is declared and agreed that nothing contained in this summary should be understood to be an express or implied condition, term or exclusion which forms part of the Insurer Policy terms and conditions or be relied upon in the event of a Claim. Please contact Airtasker for access to the Insurance Policy Schedule and/or Policy Wording for information as to the specific coverage, terms, conditions and exclusions afforded by the Insurer in the event of an incident, occurrence or Claim. Please also note that each claim is subject to an Excess payable by the Airtasker Worker - full details of the Policy, its coverage and exclusions including the applicable excess details are available on request
This insurance policy provides peace of mind when you're getting common tasks completed.
While you're unlikely to experience any injury or property damage when a task is completed for you, we understand the need for protection. That's why we've worked closely with Lloyd's via Savannah Underwriting to provide all of our Airtasker Workers with public liability insurance that covers them for up to $20 million for third party property damage and/or personal injury claims against them for included activites when completing Tasks on Airtasker.
What is covered
Airtasker Insurance covers the Airtasker Worker's liability for personal injury (bodily injury, invasion of privacy, defamation, assault or battery) and property damage (physical damage, destruction or loss of tangible property or loss of use of tangible property) subject to the insurance policy terms and conditions. Full details of the Policy, its coverage and exclusions including the applicable excess details are available on request.
- Beauty Services (Treatment Endorsements)
- Carwashes / Car cleaning (by hand) - Excluding whilst vehicles are being driven
- Commercial & Domestic Cleaning - Excluding Shopping Centres & Malls
- Community Gardening (Gardening Specific Exclusions)
- Computer/Software IT Support - hardware support / small to medium IT installations. Excluding any professional indemnity cover; the value of any data and consequential loss cover (PI Exclusion/Cyber Exclusion)
- Copywriting or Editing Services
- Curtain/Blind Installation
- Domestic Furniture Assembly - applies to flat pack furniture style activities. (Excludes interior wardrobe construction/ interior construction building.)
- Domestic Gutter Cleaning (up to 2 external storeys)
- Domestic Window Cleaning (up to 2 external storeys)
- Fence construction
- Gardening/Lawn Mowing - excluding excavation, landscaping, tree loping / tree surgery activities / stump grinding - this task will include the use of lawn mowers where applicable
- Graphic Design/Graphic Designers - website design / promotional advertising material design eg: business cards / flyers / banners / printing / logo design
- Handyman - general light duties excluding builder / renovation works. Handyman Specific Exclusion: Excluding the use of any vehicle or mechanised equipment whilst being driven or operated, other than small lawn mowers. For the avoidance of doubt, the use of bulldozers; stone breaking equipment; jackhammers; stump grinding equipment and any similar machinery are also excluded
- Home Help (Elderly - Excluding Respite Care, Excluding the Administration of Medications)
- Home Pet Care
- Hospitality Services - acting in a waiter / food / drink service capacity only (excludes food / drink preparation of any kind) (Hospitality Endorsements as agreed)
- Household Equipment Repair & Installations
- Housesitting (Event Exclusion)
- Lawn & Garden Services
- Letter Box/Flyer Distribution - domestic letter box drops only. Excludes Power Pole / marketing posters on public buildings / areas
- Marketing/Internet Research - people requested to carry out marketing research on products / services
- Massage Therapy (Treatment Endorsements)
- Meals on Wheels (Excluding Products)
- Meditation Teacher
- Mobile Hairdressing (Treatment Endorsements)
- Mobile Language Lessons (Excluding Abuse)
- Mobile Nail Technicians (Treatment Endorsements)
- Mobile Pet Services (Equine Exclusion)
- Mobile Threading (Treatment Endorsements)
- Mobile Tutors (Excluding Abuse)
- Musical performance - playing music to third parties in small musical gatherings at private functions (Event Exclusion)
- Mystery Shopper - Mystery undercover shoppers for small / medium retail stores for market research. Excludes Security Patrolling / Security investigations / Security Guards
- Office Administration - Office clerical admin work / data processing / receptionist / general office duties
- Painting & Painting Services - commercial & domestic painting less than 5 metres in height (External up to 2 Storeys)
- Photography & Video Editing (Inefficacy Exclusion)
- Pick Up & Delivery - (not furniture removal) - small to medium delivery services excluding large heavy haulage / interstate delivery travel.
- Picture Framing/Reframing
- Pool Cleaning & Maintenance
- Queuing Services - lining up for products or services (on behalf of third parties)
- Research Activities
- Sewing/Clothing Repairs
- Social Media Online Support - Online "Likes" & customer rating for a company / entity support for social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc (Cyber Exclusion)
- Stallholders/Exhibitors (Products Exclusion (Limited), Pyrotechnics Exclusion, Amusement Rides Exclusion)
- Tee Shirt Printing
- Television, Radio, Stereo & Home Entertainment Equipment Repair or Installation (including but not limited to setting up WiFi)
- Videography, Audit Recording
- Waste Disposal Collection (Excluding Hazardous Goods)
- Website/IT Hosting Support - setting up / maintaining clients website / IT hosting - software support. Excluding any professional indemnity cover; the value of any data and consequential loss cover (PI Exclusion/Cyber Exclusion)
- Removalists - small to medium domestic removalists for furniture and rubbish removal. Removalists Specific Exclusion: Excluding waste materials / asbestos / classified dangerous chemicals / paint and flammable liquids / gas cylinders / and any other hazardous or classified dangerous chemicals / large heavy haulage / interstate delivery travel
- Acoustic Sound Proofing (where a license is required)
- Adventure Sports Instruction
- Air BNB/Accomodation
- Air Conditioning (Installation & Servicing where a license is required - non handyman)
- Antennae/Satellite Installation & Repair (For the avoidance of any doubt: does not include simple AV Installation or WiFi setup which is a handyman task)
- Building Maintenance Managers
- Cable TV Wiring (For the avoidance of any doubt: does not include simple TV, AV Installation or WiFi setup which is a handyman task)
- Carpentry (where a license is required)
- Carpet & Tile Flooring Installation (for the avoidance of doubt: this does not include handyman carpet or tile repairs)
- Ceiling Contractor (where a license is required)
- Cement Rendering (for the avoidance of doubt: this does not include handyman cement services where machinery is not involved)
- Child Minding
- Childcare Centres
- Concreter excluding formwork (for the avoidance of doubt: this does not include handyman concrete services where machinery is not involved)
- Concreter including formwork (for the avoidance of doubt: this does not include handyman concrete services where machinery is not involved)
- Contact Sports Lessons
- Couriers acting in a professional capacity only (for the avoidance of any doubt pick and up & delivery as per Category A is not excluded by this)
- Currency Conversions/Money Lending
- Drainage/Sewerage Contractor (services where a license is needed)
- Driving Instructors/Tuition
- Earthmoving (where machinery is required and used only)
- Electrical Wiring (where an Electrical license is required)
- Event Planners
- Excavation (where machinery is required and used only)
- Fitness Trainers
- Flooring (Installation & Removal where a license is required)
- Fruit & Vegetable Picking (on farms and/or vinyards - for the avoidance of doubt does not include anything ancillary to domestic gardening)
- Gas Fitters (where a license is required)
- Glass (installtions only) & Glazing
- Insulation Installation
- Landscape Gardeners (where is machinery is required and used)
- Locksmiths - changing locks (for the avoidance of does not include handyman services to hinges or locks)
- Maternity Assistants
- Mining Activities
- Models/Actors/Entertainers (for the avoidance of doubt does not include assistants in videography)
- Pest Control (where a license is required)
- Plumbers (where a license is required)
- Respite Care
- Roof Tiling (where a license is required and/or height restrictions exist)
- Security Guards - whether at "paid" (ticket entrance etc) or private social functions, for the avoidance of doubt this also excludes door men & women for any function for the purposes of security ONLY.
- Security Patrol
- Skylight Installation (where a license is required and/or where height restrictions exist)
- Steel Fabrication
- Stump Grinding / Tree Surgery (where professional Arborists are required)
- Stunt Men / Women
- Swim Instructors
- Tanning Salons
- Tattoo Parlours/Mobile Artists
- Transporting/Taxi Services - for the avoidance of doubt this also excludes transporting people from A to B / car sharing / car-pooling / customer vehicle pick-up and delivery.
- Ventilation Installers (where a license is required)
- Wedding Planners
- Welding (where open welding flames and machinery are used ONLY)
The sum insured is up to $20,000,000 for public liability claims (any one occurrence) and $20,000,000 (any one occurrence and in the aggregate during the Policy Period) for products liability claims. The Airtasker Worker must pay an excess and full details of the Policy, its coverage and exclusions including the applicable excess details are available on request.
Airtasker Insurance covers Airtasker Workers worldwide excluding USA and Canada (sorry folks, we're working on it!).
What isn't covered - Important!
Airtasker Insurance covers the independent contractor Worker registered on Airtasker; for their liability, for third party personal injury, or property damage whilst performing included activities during a Task on Airtasker. The policy does not cover first person personal injury or property damage for the Airtasker Worker, and should not be considered a replacement for workers compensation, salary protection or other similar types of insurance.
Like all insurance policies, there are exclusions. For example, the insurance does not cover intentional or willful damage or faulty workmanship. Please note, that the Airtasker Worker is required to contribute an excess payment to cover their share of the loss and the Job Poster is required to recover their loss directly from the Airtasker Worker for claims up to the value of this excess payment.
The Airtasker Worker also needs to be registered on Airtasker to be covered by the insurance policy. If the Job Poster allows a non-registered Airtasker Worker to complete the Task, the activities associated with the Task are not covered by the insurance policy.
There are also certain types of activities that are excluded. Please refer to the list of services above for more information regarding excluded activities.
If the activities during a Task is not covered by Airtasker Insurance, the Job Poster can also find out from their Home and Contents insurer if there is coverage for these activities or if the Worker has their own relevant insurance.
Subject to the policy terms and conditions of the Public & Products Liability Insurance, all Claims made under the Insurance are subject to an Excess paid by the Insured Worker. Airtasker Workers are encouraged to familiarise themselves with the applicable Excess that applies for any actual or alleged demands for compensation against them. A copy of the Policy Schedule and applicable Excess is available on request.
If you have any questions about this policy or how it will affect you, or to make a claim please contact us.
(*) Content provided by Modern Risk Solutions Pty Ltd who is Corporate Authorised Representative of PSC Connect Pty Ltd (Australian Financial Services Licence AFSL 344648)