With time, tiles become dull and stained which cannot be easily cleaned. Professional tile cleaning can restore your tiles and make them look like new.
You may be curious about how much tile cleaning costs in your local area. It’s a good idea to familiarise yourself with the prices so you can be sure that you are getting a good deal. But first, it's important to ask yourself if you need a professional tile cleaner.
1. A professional can complete a tricky job more quickly than you since he or she will have the right cleaning agents and tools.
2. The area you want to clean is too big for one person to do alone.
3. The stains on your tiles cannot be cleaned no matter how hard you try.
4. There is a lot of grout in the tiles which you cannot clean by yourself.
There are a few other reasons for hiring a tile cleaner but generally hiring a professional can help finish the job quickly with minimum effort on your end.
You may have noticed an unpleasant odour in your home but could never figure out its source. The grout in tiles traps bacteria which starts to release foul odour in the air. Unless you clean all the grout from the tiles, it will keep coming back. You may have tried using different cleaning agents to get rid of the stains and grout from your tiles but achieved unsatisfactory results. Or you may have thought about using stronger cleaning agents but were afraid of damaging your floors.
We assure you that you have done the right thing in not trying to clean your tiles yourself. Tile and grout cleaning is a job best left to a professional. If you have different kind of tiles (e.g. ceramic, porcelain, slate, marble etc.) in different areas of your home, a professional will adjust the strength of the cleaning agent to suit individual floor needs. He can replace any loose tiles with a matching tile and also fill in the grout lines with the right colour.
• A preliminary estimate of the entire job after measurements are taken for each room.
• A thorough inspection of the entire area to check for loose tiles and grout.
• Removing lightweight furnishings if not already done.
• Applying sealant on loose tiles and grout if needed.
• Applying a high-strength detergent; paying close attention to stained patches and grout lines.
• Rinsing the floors with a high-pressure washer.
• Polishing the tiles after they have dried with a cloth to smooth out the joints to leave a pristine finish.
• Application of sealant if required.
• Wiping stains off the walls and fixtures.
• Repair and restoring loose tiles.
• Grout line sealing and polishing the tiles for a sparkly finish.
• Sanitizing floors and eliminating foul odour from tiles and grout.
• Cleaning the front or backyard floors.
• Cleaning your roof tiles; most cleaners might not accept this job.
• Removing marks from your garage floor and door.
• How much area needs to be covered?
• How many broken or loose tiles need to be fixed.
• How many bedrooms and bathrooms are there in your home?
• Do you require extensive cleaning or standard cleaning?
• Will the job take few minutes or require a whole day to finish?
• Is the area is accessible or does it require moving things around?
• What is your location?
• Do you require tile and grout cleaning during weekdays or on the weekend?
Tile cleaning prices depend on the house, the area to be covered and how much work is involved. We have reviewed our recent tile and grout cleaning jobs posted in the marketplace to give you an idea about their price guides.
Grout and bathroom tile cleaning
House floor/tile cleaning
Grout & Carpet cleaning
Balcony tile cleaning
Kitchen tile cleaning
It depends on how heavily the area is being used in your house. How many pets or children you have. Some homes may require tile and grout cleaning once every 12-18 months whereas other homes may require it every 4 months or so.
Tiles and floors start to become dull and stained with time; only professional cleaning can restore your floors to its original shine.
A fair price can only be quoted once a professional has assessed how much restoration is required. If only a few tiles have come loose, a tile cleaner should charge a few dollars on top of the contracted rate. However, if extensive restoration is required, you can expect to pay for the sealant quantity applied and a number of hours it takes to finish the task.
Wall and floor tiles have different costs because the size of the area floor tiles cover is usually much more. Some house cleaning services will clean your bathroom and kitchen tiles for an extra fee which turns out to be cheaper than hiring a tile cleaner alone. The average tile cleaning rates are $25-$35/m2.
Yes, cleaning costs will be more for larger homes or houses that are split on different floors. The cleaner will also charge a higher amount if you live in the city with limited parking space. However, if you get your tiles cleaned on a regular basis, your cleaner will be happy to give you a discount.
Want to know the cost of carpet cleaning? Our carpet cleaning price guide explains ]different factors, local price lists, the cost of DIYing, and more so you can confidently choose the best option for your home.
An end of lease clean on a standard 3-bedroom home usually costs between $120-$360, but your cleaner might charge more or less depending on various factors.
How much does it cost to hire a mould removalist in Australia? Our price guide breaks down the prices for different types of mould and location-based prices.
Air duct cleaning usually costs around $100, but could be more or less depending on the number and type of ducts, plus how dirty they are, and the location of your home.
Do you want to learn how to clean an oven? This article has all the information that you need to keep your oven clean and smelling fresh.
White shoes look great with many outfits, and they are not expensive, but they get dirty fast. So, how do you clean white shoes? Read on to find out.
A washing machine cleans your dirty clothes but sadly, it doesn’t self-clean. This means one thing, you need to learn how to clean a washing machine.
Grilling is fun and it’s one of the best ways to spend the day, but when all the fun is over, you’re left with a grimy barbeque. Did you know your can use Vinegar, Coffee & Beer to get your bbq looking fresh. Read on to find out how.