You’ve purchased your new TV and bought the bracket but stuck wondering how to mount the TV on your wall. Well here’s a handy guide of important steps not to skip when mounting it on your freshly painted wall.
Here’s the important steps on how to wall-mount your TV:
Step 1: Bracket
Having the correct bracket is crucial. Ask the shop assistant at the same time when you buy the TV, they know their technology and are trained to help.
Step 2: Cables
Deciding what you’re going to do with the cables is the tricky part and you have three options:
1. Run the cables in the wall – You will need to know what type of wall it is e.g. internal plaster, stud, brick or even the ceiling.
2. Use a cable concealer – easy and you can paint it the same colour as the wall.
3. Nothing, just leave them hanging – not the prettiest but definitely the easiest.
Which ever you choose make sure you buy longer cables than you think you’ll need, you don’t want to stretch them. Also if you’re hooking up an entertainment center why not buy coloured cables so you can easily tell them apart.
Step 3: Locate the studs
While using a stud finder is useful it’s not 100%, so if you are getting inconsistent results look for existing power points – remove the wall plate and use a tool to find which side the stud is on.
– Once you’ve found the stud, mark it with pencil (or tape if you have it).
– Measure the vertical distance of the screw holes.
– Take a step back and look at how high you want the TV
– Mark where each screw will go, double check that it’s level and at the right height.
Step 4: Attach mount and hide cables
Screw the mount to the wall and check again that it’s level, trust us you don’t want to discover that it’s not later. This is also the perfect time to drill a hole to hide your cables – remember to look out for the studs and know what’s behind your wall.
Step 5: Hang TV
Now it’s the fun part, get someone to help you place the TV onto the mount carefully following manufacturer’s instructions. Make sure you double check it’s stability and that it’s firm in place by giving it a few light tugs.
Then hook up the cables put some popcorn in the microwave and you’re ready to watch the latest movie on your brand-new wall mounted TV – and doesn’t it look awesome.
Got any other tips and tricks? Help out a mate and share them below.