Just like a human body that needs regular check-ups at the doctor, a well-oiled machine needs regular tests with the mechanic. Diagnostic tests keep your car running smoothly and ensure safe trips for you and your passengers. They also help you fix minor problems and avoid expensive (not to mention, dangerous) breakdowns.
With Airtasker, you can get the full range of diagnostic services done in the comfort of your own home, workplace, or garage. Whether you need the transmission checked, or a comprehensive test of your favourite ride, our trusted mobile diagnostic mechanics can do it for you!
When it comes to preparing the gear, let the experts bring in all their specialized tools! You only need to lift a finger to book an appointment.
A mobile car diagnostic test is just like one in the shop. It will consist of the following steps: Mobile diagnostic test for your car engine
The mechanic will give your engine thorough testing via visual inspection and diagnostic tools. Some of the components that they will be looking into include:
- Level of buildup in the engine - this can affect the performance of your car’s engine
- Ignition timing - any issues with ignition timing can damage the engine
- Fuel injector performance - issues with the fuel injector include poor engine performance
- Ignition coils - any cracks, leaks, or resistances can affect combustion
- Engine RPM levels - high RPM can signal a clogged air filter
- Air and coolant temperature - problems with this can result in an overheating engine
- Throttle opening - issues with the throttle can cause stalling
- Crankshaft and camshaft positions - issues related to these components include a rough idle, reduced mileage, and slower acceleration Gearbox inspection via mobile car diagnostic test
The mechanic will also inspect your gearbox for performance issues. This step usually includes both a visual inspection and the use of special tools. Whether you use a manual or automatic gearbox, your mechanic can make sure that any problems are resolved or prevented. Diagnostic check on your exhaust system
Another part of the diagnostic process is inspecting your car’s exhaust system. A regular check-up will make sure that the exhaust system will continue to collect, remove, and discharge harmful substances safely. This step also helps boost fuel efficiency and ensures that you and your passengers don’t inhale any dangerous fumes. Mobile diagnosis for your car’s oil and gas tanks
Your oil and gas tanks will be inspected for any rust, cracks, leaks, or corrosion. At this point, you can also ask your mobile car mechanic about making your car more fuel-efficient. Car brake diagnostic test
Regular inspection of your car’s brakes benefit more than just your family--it keeps fellow drivers and pedestrians safe, too. Here, the whole braking system will be checked, including the brake pedal, fluid, lines, hoses, and assemblies. Post-diagnostic test
Some Taskers may offer more than just diagnostic services and will be happy to help you fix any problems with your car. Booking through Airtasker is more convenient for drivers and car owners who want to know what’s wrong with their ride and get it fixed on the same day.
If you’d like your Tasker to take care of the issues they’ve discovered, feel free to specify car servicing
or car detailing
in your post.