As we continue to live with COVID-19, it’s important to still ensure the safety of yourself and others. We’ve pulled together some precautions that you can take to help keep you and the community safe.
As always, ensure you’re following the latest safety advice from the government in regards to what types of tasks can take place.
Safety Tips for Taskers
- Vaccination Badge – If you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, you can add a badge to your profile to let others know.
- Practice social distancing – Reduce physical contact with other people (at least 2 metres apart). Here is a guide on how to practice social distancing.
- Practice good hygiene – Wash your hands often and in warm water for at least 20 seconds. Here is a guide on how to practice good hygiene.
- Ask customers upfront – Ask if they or anyone in their household, or anyone you’ll encounter during the task, are feeling unwell or displaying COVID-19 symptoms. You may also consider asking if that person may currently be in self-isolation. We strongly encourage you to communicate respectfully with other community members before committing to completing a task.
- Don’t risk it – We urge you not to put yourself at any unnecessary risk. Please do self isolate if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have been instructed to do so.
- Wear protective clothing like masks and gloves – There has been a lot of debate on the efficacy of gloves and masks, but one thing is agreed, the virus spreads faster if you touch your face after getting the virus on your hands. To lower the chance, consider wearing gloves and masks and do not touch your face as much as possible – or at least wash your hands first.
- Consider if the task can be done remotely – As virtual meetings become the norm, consider if you can complete any tasks remotely rather than in-person.
- Reschedule tasks if required – If you or the customer is experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, you can always reschedule the task to a later date.
- Live updates – Please continue to check back here at our COVID-19 Safety Centre which is being updated frequently. We will also continue to send important updates via email.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the relevant authority or contact email@example.com to chat with the Support team. If in doubt, we’ve advise the community to not put themselves at the risk and follow the advice from WHO, Australian Government & local Police.
This content is based on publicly available information from the WHO, the Australian Health Department and the CDC. Airtasker makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy or suitability with respect to this content provided for any purpose.