Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, suspension of Woolworths & Coles online delivery, and our Coles partnership, we have seen a sharp rise in the number of pickup and delivery tasks.
One of the concerns around these tasks is that you would come into close contact with other people. Limiting contact during pickup and delivery tasks will help keep everyone healthy, so we’ve provided guidance on how you can undertake & offer Contact-Free delivery:
- Let the Poster know that you are doing Contact-Free Delivery via the messaging function in our App. Your Poster may also request this from you.
- If you’re doing groceries, once the shopping’s been done, send the Poster the receipt, asking them to approve the cost of the shopping. All payments happen seamlessly and securely online through our payment system, Airtasker Pay.
- Message your Poster to tell them when you’re nearby and, if not already provided, ask them for a safe place to deliver their goods. Outside their front door is the most logical place if possible.
- Place the delivery on the ground where you have agreed to drop the items off and wait nearby (at least 2 meters away) until the poster has come out to collect the items.
- Do not shake hands or touch one another and please remember to wash your hands.
This is a worrying time for everyone and we know the incredible efforts you are going through to continue to support the community and provide services at this time.
We hope this new guidance provides our Taskers with some reassurance during this time.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact support to chat with the Support team. Please also see the latest updates on the Virus from the WHO and the Australian Government Department of Health. If in doubt, we’ve advise the community to not put themselves at the risk and follow the advice from WHO, Australian Government & local Police.