The spread of COVID-19 represents a serious global issue. Whilst we will no doubt experience some impact within the Airtasker Marketplace, we would like to provide you with as much information as possible to protect your wellbeing and help you safely navigate the current situation.
Airtasker is compiling and updating a series of blogs that are intended to keep the Airtasker community safe and informed during this time. Our hub of articles include:
- Tips on staying safe as a Tasker (below)
- How to provide Contact Free Delivery
- Infection training guidelines
These suggestions have been compiled from credible sources: the WHO, the Australian Government and other international bodies where we think it might be relevant to our community at Airtasker. If in doubt, we’ve advise the community to not put themselves at the risk and follow the advice from WHO, Australian Government & local Police.
As a Tasker, it’s important that you:
- Practice social distancing. Reduce physical contact with other people (at least 2 meters apart). Here is a guide on how to practice social distancing.
- Practice good hygiene. Wash your hands often and in warm water for at least 20 seconds. Here is a guide on how to practice good hygiene.
- Ask Posters upfront. Ask if they or anyone in their household, or anyone you’ll encounter during the task, are feeling unwell or displaying COVID-19 symptoms. You may also consider asking if that person may have travelled to a high-risk country or are currently in self-isolation. We strongly encourage you to communicate respectfully with other community members before committing to completing a task.
- We urge you not to put yourself at any unnecessary risk. Please do self isolate if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have been instructed to do so.
- Wear protective clothing like masks and gloves. There has been a lot of debate on the efficacy of gloves and masks, but one thing is agreed, the virus spreads faster if you touch your face after getting the virus on your hands. To lower the chance, consider wearing gloves and masks and do not touch your face as much as possible – or at least wash your hands first.
- Live updates. As the situation is changing rapidly, please continue to check back here at our COVID-19 Safety Centre which is being updated frequently. We will also continue to send important updates via email.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the relevant authority or contact email@example.com to chat with the Support team. If in doubt, we’ve advise the community to not put themselves at the risk and follow the advice from WHO, Australian Government & local Police.
This content is based on publicly available information from the WHO, the Australian Health Department and the CDC. Airtasker makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy or suitability with respect to this content provided for any purpose.