Public health advice and government directions in response to Covid-19 are changing quickly. As Covid-19 remains a serious issue across the country, it’s your responsibility to stay up to date with the latest advice before you post or complete a task.
If you’re in doubt as to whether you should proceed with a task, we advise you to not put yourself at risk and to follow advice from your local government, local police and the World Health Organisation.
Please visit the UK government website to see what current rules are in place for your country.
Where to find the latest advice
It’s important you stay informed with advice that is relevant to you and your local area.
The UK government resources are the most accurate sources for up-to-date advice and information about the current situation in your area. These resources include:
- Gov.UK website – this includes information on recent and upcoming changes, what you can and cannot do, guidance and support, testing and self-isolating, UK statistics and more.
- NHS website – the NHS Covid-19 hub provides information about when to self-isolate, how to look after yourself at home if you have Covid-19, financial support when you’re self-isolating and more.
- NHS Covid-19 app – this contract-tracing app is for England and Wales, and is available on the App and Google Play store.
- Public Health England (PHE) – the PHE Covid-19 resource centre provides key information on Covid-19 campaigns and resources. You can subscribe for updates to ensure you’re always informed.
Other things you can do to help reduce the spread of COVID-19
Maintain physical distance
Stay 2 metres apart from anyone not in your household or support bubble.
Cover your face
Where possible, wear a mask or cover your face. Check government directions in your region regarding when masks must be worn.
Get tested for COVID-19
If you’re experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms, speak to your medical professional about getting tested.
If you’re experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms, or have been instructed by a medical professional to self-isolate, stay at home to protect the people around you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Tasks still allowed on Airtasker?
To help slow the spread of COVID-19, the UK government has announced restrictions on movements and services.
It is the responsibility of all Taskers to be up to date with the latest local government advice to ensure they’re adhering to the most up to date government restrictions, and whether it is currently safe to meet others from outside their household or support bubble.
Can I get contact-free delivery on Airtasker?
Yes – please specify that you expect contact-free delivery when posting your tasks, and keep in mind that Taskers may also request a contact-free experience.
As a Tasker, what steps should I take when performing Tasks?
As a priority, you should make sure you stick to the social distancing guidelines of at least 2 metres between yourself and others. As a Tasker, it’s also important that you:
- Practice good hygiene. Wash your hands often and in warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Ask posters upfront. Ask if the poster, anyone in their household, or anyone you’ll encounter during the task, are feeling unwell or displaying COVID-19 symptoms. You may also consider asking if that person is currently in self-isolation. We strongly encourage you to communicate respectfully with other community members before committing to a task.
- We urge you not to put yourself at any unnecessary risk. Please self isolate if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have been instructed to do so.
- Wear protective clothing like masks and gloves. Consider wearing gloves and masks and do not touch your face as much as possible – or at least wash your hands first.
If I want to cancel a task because of the coronavirus, what should I do?
Your health and safety is always top priority, so if you feel there is a risk to your health, communicate with the Poster upfront. You may offer to reschedule the Task or discuss other options to complete the job.
If you choose to cancel the Task, we encourage you to select the appropriate cancellation reason.
Who should I contact if I have further questions?
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your relevant authority or contact Airtasker’s Support Team.