I require an experienced Web Developer to fix a number of issues with my existing site.
Initially I have about 20 items that need to be fixed and then I have ongoing work with a number of “future state” requirements for the site. The first 20 items I need finalised in the next 30 days then 15 days for testing and debugging. I will provide more detailed information for each of the items to suited operators.
The developer that is chosen will be provided one of the items to complete. Once we are happy with the outcome we will authorise the go-ahead for the balance of items.
The work on the website to date has been undertaken by an Asian company with a code structure being a mixture of CI Framework and Core PHP. The website is database driven and I have provided the web address and login information to access to have a look. This data is test data only at the moment. The admin login has not been supplied at this point.
Given the workload and other unknowns I am prepared to work on an agreed rate per hour basis however this will need to be based on mutually agreed milestones. There will be ongoing work.
Let me know if you have any further questions.
[Content Moderated] Moderated] [Content Moderated] /user/login
uname: [Content Moderated] pword: newuser
Please note: The website has been set up to allow multiple users (with login and pwords) to login and share data. One of the primary functions of the website is to provide all users with some privacy and controls over this data. Each user keeps their own notes and activity rating (which are the two fields not shared between users). Email and mobile phone number data is protected. If one user enters either of this data the other users can use it but they cannot directly get access to it. The only way they can get full access to the data is if they either insert the data (update or add a new entry) or match the existing data that is already in the database.
So essentially, all users share all the same information except activity rating and notes data. And, each user has different rights over how much of the email and mobile phone data they can actually see depending on their rights.
Listed below are the items I would like to finalise within this website. The bolded items are to be done first.
1. The notes function is not keeping the information private between users. Notes should be kept private for each user and not shared between users for all contacts. Need to amend settings so you only see your own notes for every contact which you update. This was working previously however appears to have stopped working.
In addition, The Activity rating is not saving separately for each user for all contacts I.e. each user should be able to have different activity ratings for the same contact for example New user “Active” and New2 user “Not Sure” for the same contact and this is saved under their account. The data is importing correctly and working under the Admin login, however, the user logins are not carrying this across correctly.
2. The site is very slow to load contacts, search or do anything. Options to speed it up. I expect to load in the initial stages over 8,000 contacts.
3. I want to be able to use the site on my mobile in a similar way you would use on desktop computer. The functionality is currently quite good but I think it needs some tweaks. I do not want to go down the road of establishing an app at this point.
4. I have a terms and conditions page I want to link to the signin page which the site should refer to with the hyperlink. Should be simple and straightforward. I will supply the document.
5. I have a website which I would like to either add the login page or add a link to the login page to the contact intranet from the partner login tab. Best options to do this? Currently the website is a simple wix site and I am paying 2 x hosting.
6. When a search is performed the results should be listed in some sort of order e.g. alphabetical order by business name I am assuming would be best. At the moment the results do not appear to have any order to them at all which makes finding results difficult. Also when the contact list is opened upon signing in it should open in alphabetical order by default.
7. In the contact view of the business name. If there are a lot of contacts and I delete one it doesn’t bring me back to where I was on the page. If I save or delete anything on the website I want to come back to where I was so that I do not loose where I am up to. Currently it is doing this but not perfectly.
8. I am doing searches from the Global search bar it doesn’t always show the result from the top of the page. It scrolls partially down the page for some reason.
9. I can block users from accessing their account under the admin login but cannot see their old password in order to set a new password for their account so that I can access their notes etc. If we can fix this.
10. Email functionality needs to be improved and has not quite been finished.
Email status chart shown on the site should relate to emails that have been sent. Want it to show the status of either Sent, Delivered, Opened or Bounced. At the moment I can only see “sent” coming up. At the moment it only shows “sent” and does not appear to relate to the chart.
Need to ensure can attach all file formats to outgoing emails and multiple attachments of whatever combination. Should also be able to attach large attachments and not have a limitation.
I want to be able to set a signature for each user. The signature should be controlled by admin, however I want the user to be able to see the signature (but not be able to change it) when they are sending emails when logged in.
11. The Primary contact should be able to be deleted from the group and not delete all sub contacts. If the parent contact changes I cannot delete it. Options to fix to be discussed. At the moment we cannot delete the parent contact without deleting all other information under the business name.
12. The notification when I attempt to navigate away from the page including the global search bar does not appear to be working. Need notify the user when anything is entered or checked and it isn’t saved whether they want to “leave” the page or “stay”. It already does this in most instance however it doesn’t do it always. So in short, if something is added/changed and not saved first, and the user attempts to click somewhere else the alert should come up. This should happen in any and all instances. It is also not working for the global search bar and many other combinations.
13. Remove “number of stores” from the advanced search bar however keep the field for each contact and allow free text in this field which is searchable like the balance. I previously wanted this to be a fixed number field however now I would like the field to be a free text field that will allow any text to be entered.
14. I want to split names into first name and last name so two columns please instead of only one box as it is now. This will need to be updated on our new contact and other entry pages. I don’t want this to effect if a contact is searched for by first and last name in the global search bar. The reason for doing this is in future I would like to be able to auto fill the email template to “Hi Tony” for example and I believe we will need to separate the fields to do this.
15. Options to back up the notes and all other detail for each user if the information was to be lost or if I go hacked? If you could give me some ideas because when you export data it is also not backing up all notes for all users for example. Ideas here.
16. The “back” buttons under the detailed contact view are a bit “hit and miss” and need to be revised.
17. I have a document of “future state” items but these are the items to undertake to get us to a “go live” position.
18. I would like to have one account which I will use personally which will always show the mobile phone and email data no matter who has entered it. This account will also have its own notes and activity rating as above. This is also to be kept separate from the Admin account. This will be the account that I will use on a daily basis.