Kaushal V. (job poster) hired Dev S. (Tasker) to help with this task. Got a similar task you need done?
Open
Assigned
Completed

Change excel spreadsheet structure -

Posted by Kaushal V.

Location

Vermont VIC 3133, Australia

View map
Due date
Wednesday, 4th May 2016
Details
Change the structure of an excel spreadsheet that maps all the Australian suburbs to postcodes, postcodes to Local Government Areas (LGA), LGA to State or Territories, and States to Country.

The spreadsheet currently has a table that contains the mapping. Unfortunately the suburb to postcode mapping is done using comma separated values of multiple postcodes against surburbs. The same goes for postcode to Local Government area mapping.

I need this to be changed so that there are separate sheets with:

1. Table of unique post codes
2. Table of unique suburbs
3. Table of unique local city areas
4. Mapping of Suburb to postcode
5. Mapping of Postcode to Local city areas
Assignee
Dev S.
(2)
100%Completion rate

The percentage of accepted tasks this Tasker has completed.

Hi Kaushal,

I am an expert in excel, will be able to do this task in efficient and effective manner.

Share the spreadsheet with me , will deliver in few hours.

Cheers

Dev
2 years ago
Questions(4)
Hi Kaushal,

I can do that task for you however, Dima M said that he did some work for you - so why not to get him involved??

Also I request money AND review, you did not provide him with review so therefore I will take the task on myself (as per requirements above) and

1. You have to pay in advance
2. Provide review in advance

Once done, I will provide you with the solution

Pls advise if you happy and I will place a bid

It is going to be 400

: )
Again, a lot of suburbs simply do noy habe a unique LGA. There is nothing me or anyone else can do about that. As per above, a suburb can be in more than one LGA.
Hi Dima can you please fix this for us as the data is going into a data base table and we need unique entries for postcode, suburb and city areas and then each mapped to the other in mapping tables. Can you do that?
Hey mate. I know the issue you are having as I created the spreadsheet for you initially :P I hope you realise that it is comma separated for a reason. As I advised, one suburb can be located to more than one unique LGA. In some cases, 90% of a suburb is in one LGA and the remaining 10% is in another. There's nothing you can do about this. Also, you can EASILY remove the comma function if you wish.

Cheers!
0 new tasks