Budding Photographer/ Photography student etc
Melbourne METRO -
I am looking for a budding, enthusiastic photographer that wishes to expand their portrait portfolio. You might be a hobby photog, or a photography student, as long as you have the talent, equipment & knowledge that's all I care about.
I have two gorgeous children (2.5 years and 5 months) and I wish to have them photographed in a relaxed, natural play setting whilst they are young.
I am not into boring, posed pixiphoto style shots, I am looking at someone who can capture beautiful candid, natural shots whilst we go about our day. I love interesting camera angles, great textures and light settings, whimsical feel, quirky ideas. I would be looking at traditional(parks and gardens) as well as non-traditional settings such as alley ways/ graffiti walls as back drops.
Mum & dad would also feature (separately) in a few images.
To be considered for this you must supply samples of your work to prove your competency and ability to create beautiful images. You can email them to me or submit a link if your work is available online.
Once I have selected from any applicants, a date that is mutually suitable can be arranged and then pending weather conditions will proceed.
Ideally I would like the shoot to occur between December and February - it will be a daytime shoot and may occur during the week (Tuesday, Wed or Thursday, or on a weekend.
What do you have?:
- General photographic intelligence, understanding apertures, depth of field and how to achieve an optimum image.
- It's expected that you will have a digital SLR camera capable of capturing images at a high resolution to allow large prints up to A1 size
- You should have provision of all/ any equipment required to assist you during the shoot, such as tripods, light reflectors & an assistant if you require one.
- The creative flair and ability to direct as required.
- You should have adequate transport to get to a Melbourne Metro location with your equipment.
- You should have the necessary technology to transfer images to disc within 48 hours of the photo-shoot.
- It would be an advantage if you have worked with children, or at least work well/ tolerant of children(but no kiddy fiddlers please!)
The fine Print:
- You will be paid $175 for up to 3 hours of shooting. During that time, we will attend 1 or 2 locations within close proximity(walking distance) and it's expected that you will produce no less than 100 images (the more the better)
- I will provide all photo props, outfits and
- You will be granted permission to use copies of the images for your portfolio and if you have a website, you will be able to display the images in your gallery at your choice. However, you will not be permitted to use the images captured for any commercial use or any other purpose whereby you receive income, or that my children's images are violated and there privacy endangered.
- ALL images captured (unedited) during the shoot will be placed in Jpg format onto a CD(DVD) which I will receive. The Blank CD(DVD) will be provided
- Editing is not expected.
- You will receive your payment in two halves, first half at the time of the shoot and the remainder once the disc of images is received.
- No additional payment will be provided for out of pocket expenses. It is expected that your equipment is adequately insured.
- Flexibility is expected given the nature of the shoot, I can control my children, but I cannot control the weather, so your flexibility would be greatly appreciated if the shoot has to be postponed due to bad weather conditions (too hot or too wet) - all attempts to provide as much notice will be given.
- I would expect either party to be given reasonable notice (24hours) of cancellation should the need arise.